Thursday, September 22, 2011

Women of Faith Details

This will be my final Women of Faith post for this year's conference. I thought I might just mention a couple peripheral things. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the conference. And the Verizon Center in D.C. was a great place for it to be held. Despite the approaching hurricane, we enjoyed walking downtown, eating outside, window shopping, etc. We had a very nice hotel a few short blocks away from the conference. But for those budget-conscious people who, like me, aren't used to city ways, please be aware that there were some unexpected costs.

Our hotel information said "valet parking available," when in fact, there was no parking lot. Valet parking was expected - at $40. So, we decided to park at the Verizon Center and walk back to the hotel. The cost there was $25/day and we weren't allowed to leave the car overnight. We eventually found a 24-hour garage for $20/day. Please don't think I'm complaining. A free ticket is certainly worth some parking expenses. I just want to be thorough in my comments. People who budget carefully to come up with the fee likely failed to budget an extra $50 for parking. Unless, of course, they understand the city better than I do, which is entirely possible!

All in all, I loved the conference. I will definitely go again. And for you ladies out there who enjoy good Biblical, entertaining messages and/or fabulous music, this conference is for you! Hope to see you there.

No comments: