Friday, September 2, 2011

Sheila Walsh - Women of Faith

Prior to Women of Faith, I was familiar with Sheila Walsh as a 700 Club host and as a singer. But she is so much more. Not only does she sing like an angel - a fact which she demonstrated at the end of each of her sessions, but she is also an amazing speaker! Heartfelt, funny, and real is the way she came across to me. She had the ability to make me laugh and cry practically in the same breath. I enjoyed her a great deal.

Sheila talked about having an "attitude of the heart and a determination of the will to stay at the feet of Jesus." She encouraged us to be completely open with our God who already knows everything, so we can go in peace because "peace is not the absence of trouble, but the presence of Christ." And she cautioned us to not fall for the lies of the world, for "beauty comes from the Word of God."

Sheila talked about the promises of God and how they can minister to each of us. John 16:33 says "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” It's clear that we will face difficulties, but it's also clear that He will win!

While I enjoyed her each time she took the stage, I was truly blessed by the telling of her story. I could not do it justice by sharing it here, but if you ever get a chance to hear it from her, it's well worth listening to. Two primary take-aways...I am "not fixed, but loved." And no matter who you are, where you are, or what you've done, "the Shepherd knows where to find you."

Amazing speaker with a powerful message!

No comments: