Monday, October 27, 2008

The Love Dare

Hi. If any of you saw the movie Fireproof, you know all about this. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, you should go see it! It was great! The Love Dare is 40 days worth of challenges for anyone looking to improve his or her marriage. I happen to have a great marriage, but since my husband and I are both human, and therefore sinners, I am accepting the dare. I thought you might like to follow along.

Just a note. As appropriate, I am implementing these tasks with my children as well. After all, we are to love them, too! :)

As I probably shouldn't give too much away, I won't necessarily be listing the actual dares. I will try to simply focus on my experience.

Today, day 1, was specifically mentioned in the movie, so I'll tell you...say nothing negative. I succeeded! I have completed the challenge successfully. It was a little more difficult with my children than my husband, but I did it.

My tendency is to raise my voice when saying negative things. Interestingly, I read this section last night and prayed for God to help me stay calm and positive. I wanted to make sure I didn't mess up the challenge before my day even got started! Anyway, wouldn't you know, I woke up with a sore throat. Rest assured, God answers prayers!

No comments: