Friday, November 16, 2007

A Tribute to Parents

Sometimes we forget to let people know when we appreciate them. We take God for granted; we take our family for granted. We usually are far better at acknowledging the things friends do than things family does. I just want to go on record saying that I appreciate my family. I appreciate the wonderful family I have now, but I especially want to say how much I appreciate the family God birthed me into. I was, and still am, blessed to have such wonderful, godly parents. I don’t know why God chooses to place some people in wonderful families and others in difficult families. I cannot fathom the mind of God, but I am blessed by his choice for me.

I was raised in a godly home with parents who exemplified godly living. They were a shining example of what a godly marriage and home should look like. I still look to them for guidance and support. I pray I can be the same kind of example to my kids. Mom and Dad, I love you. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.