Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Women of Faith Worship

I thought I'd just jot some thoughts about each element of the Women of Faith conference. Each day this week, I'll try to highlight something different. Because it seems logical, today I'm posting about the worship music, as that was the first thing on the schedule. (I'll get to the behind-the-scenes stuff - like parking - later.

Lest there be any doubt, I love to worship through music. I'm on the worship team at my local church and I love "praise" music. The worship team at WOF consisted of four extremely talented women, each with her own style, and each with the radiance of our heavenly King upon her face.

I personally would have enjoyed it more if I'd known more of the songs - because I like to sing along. Having said that, "The Lord inhabits the praises of His people," and He certainly was in the Verizon Center in D.C. this past weekend!

On a practical note, the team did a fantastic job of including all the women, a real feat considering the stage was in the center of the auditorium with no clear "front." They moved around, often having one person facing each way, allowing all parts of the room to feel included.

While I did enjoy the worship time, and I'd rate it highly, the rest of the conference was so good, I'd have to say this was my least favorite part of the weekend. And that says a LOT about the rest of the conference! So, come back tomorrow and I'll tell you more!

No comments: